- Step 1: Expand chest Inhale and expand your chest, gazing upward.
- FACT: This pose helps to stretch the piriformis muscle, which is helpful in relieving sciatic nerve pain.
- Step 2: Repeat to other side When you are ready, repeat to the other side, bending your left leg and extending your right.
- Step 3: Release pose Release the pose by inhaling and raising your head and chest up, while bringing your back leg forward and your front leg back, returning to an all-fours position.
- Step 4: Hold pose Hold the pose for as long as it's comfortable, breathing easily.
- Step 5: Start from all-fours Start from all-fours with your knees directly below your hips, and your hands directly below of your shoulders, fingers spread.
- TIP: If your right hip is coming off the ground, put a block or folded blanket beneath for added support.
- Step 6: Lower chest & head Exhale and slowly lower your chest and head toward the floor.
- Step 7: Extend left leg Extend your left leg straight back behind you, toes tucked under. Keep your hips square and facing forward.
- Step 8: Slide right knee Bend your right knee and slide it forward to a position between your hands. Your right heel should be just under your left hip.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket
- An extra blanket or yoga block