- Step 1: Determine your face shape Determine your face shape. This will help you choose which curly hairstyles work for you.
- Step 2: Look through magazines Look through a variety of magazines to see which hairstyles will complement your face shape.
- TIP: Wear bangs to conceal a long forehead.
- Step 3: Find a hairstylist Find a hair stylist who has experience with curly hair. Curly hair is typically more complicated to style than straight hair.
- TIP: Curly hair is great for a square shaped face. It helps soften the jaw line.
- Step 4: Consider the weather Consider the weather. Rain and humidity can frizz curly hair. On wet or humid days, tie your hair back in a ponytail.
- Step 5: Long hair Choose a long hairstyle to avoid the frizz that is common to short hairstyles. The weight of longer hair creates a softer curl.
- Step 6: Short hair Adopt a short hairstyle if you have an oval-shaped face. Shorter layers frame the face, and light bangs, swept to the side, add a lifting effect.
- TIP: Razor and slice cutting techniques and incorrect layering will cause your hair to frizz.
- Step 7: Wear curly hair products Prepare to get sticky. Use hairspray and gels to stave off frizz.
- FACT: In the United States, approximately two percent of the population has red hair.
You Will Need
- Curly hair
- Experienced curly hair stylist
- Hair care products