- Step 1: Locate practice tests Locate multiple choice tests to practice with. Look on publisher sites, school sites, or in bookstores.
- Step 2: Read all questions Read all the questions carefully one or two times before reviewing the answers.
- Step 3: Answer the question in your head Answer the question in your head before looking at answer choices.
- Step 4: Read all answer choices Read all the answer choices at least once before making a selection.
- TIP: Often the answer with the most information, or the longest, is the correct answer choice.
- Step 5: Eliminate wrong answers Cross out the answers you are sure are not correct.
- TIP: If you are sure that one answer choice is correct or incorrect, never choose "All of the above" or "None of the above."
- Step 6: Go back and review answers Review your answers, focusing on any you were unsure of or guessed at. Only change an answer if you are certain it was wrong – the first choice is usually the right choice.
- FACT: Did you know? When a test is well written, most of the questions will be answered correctly by 30 to 80 percent of those taking it.
You Will Need
- Internet access or bookstores
- Practice multiple choice tests