- : Don’t drink unless you’re of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.
- Step 1: Present the wine bottle Present the wine bottle to your guests. Pour the wine with the label facing them.
- Step 2: Begin with person who ordered Begin with the person who ordered the wine. Next, serve women at the table. If no women are present, serve in a clockwise direction.
- Step 3: Keep glassware on table Keep the wine glass on the table when serving to minimize temperature change and fingerprints.
- Step 4: Pour the wine Pour the wine slowly, aiming toward the center of the glass. Fill the glass no more than two-thirds to allow the bouquet to develop.
- TIP: To preserve bubbles, pour sparkling wine down the side of the glass.
- Step 5: Twist the bottle Finish pouring the wine by rotating your hand, twisting the bottle upward to avoid any drips.
- FACT: Did you know? Archaeologists have found ruins of more than 150 wine bars at the ancient site of Pompeii.
You Will Need