- Step 1: Check for accuracy Check the thermometer for accuracy by clipping it to a pan filled with water. After the water has boiled for 10 minutes, the thermometer should read 212 degrees.
- TIP: If the reading is not 212 degrees, figure the difference for the correct temperature.
- Step 2: Follow candy recipe Follow a candy recipe as directed. Mix ingredients to a boil.
- Step 3: Clip on thermometer Clip the thermometer to the side of the pan. The thermometer bulb should not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Step 4: Cook to desired temperature Read the thermometer at eye level and cook the candy to the desired temperature.
- Step 5: Remove from stove Remove the pan from the stove when it reaches the desired temperature. Continue with the candy recipe. Carefully remove the thermometer and let it cool before washing.
- FACT: Did you know? White chocolate has no caffeine, but has the highest fat and sugar content of all chocolate.
You Will Need
- A candy thermometer that reaches 400 degrees Farenheit
- A pan
- A candy recipe
- Candy supplies