- Step 1: Focus on being healthy Focus on being healthy, not on dieting, and appreciating how healthy you are.
- Step 2: Don’t judge yourself Don’t judge yourself or let others judge you. If someone wishes to discuss your weight with you, simply tell them that you discuss this only with your doctor.
- Step 3: Don’t refer to your body negatively Don’t refer to your body in negative terms.
- Step 4: Spend less time in front of the mirror Spend less time in front of a mirror. Be sure your clothes are presentable, and move on to the next activity of the day.
- TIP: Looking and dressing like everyone else might seem cool, but everyone has their own body type. Dressing cool is whatever feels comfortable to you.
- Step 5: Avoid looking at skinny models in magazines Avoid wasting time looking at skinny models in magazines and on the internet, or thinking that boys only like thin girls.
- TIP: Teenage boys actually like to date girls who do not look like super models – Regular looking girls will not intimidate them – after all; they’re struggling with adolescence, too!
- Step 6: Believe in yourself Believe in yourself. Don’t let anything get in the way of your thinking about how healthy you actually are, and are becoming.
- FACT: Did you know? Celebrities aren't born with perfect bodies – they struggle just like the rest of us.
You Will Need