- Step 1: Stand at mat Stand at the front of your mat with your feet hip-width apart, your weight evenly distributed between them, your spine straight, and your arms down at your sides.
- Step 2: Raise arms Inhale, raising your arms out to your sides and up and over your head, pressing your palms together.
- TIP: If it's uncomfortable for you to bring your palms together, keep your arms shoulder-width apart with your palms facing each other.
- Step 3: Hold pose Breathing evenly, lift your chin and gaze up at your hands, expanding your chest. Hold the pose for several full breaths.
- Step 4: Release pose Release the pose on an exhale, dropping your chin and lowering your arms to your sides.
- FACT: As sunlight travels through the air, the red and orange lightwaves pass straight through, but blue light bounces all around, making it visible—and making the sky blue.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket