- Step 1: Mountain Pose Stand at the front of your mat with your feet hip-width apart and your weight evenly distributed between them, your spine erect, and your arms at your sides.
- Step 2: Straddle Pose Spread your legs three to four feet apart so that you are standing in a straddle pose with your hands at your thighs.
- Step 3: Reach arms out Reach your arms out to the sides, parallel to the ground and palm-down.
- Step 4: Rotate feet Turn your feet to the right so that the right foot turns to face directly toward the right side of the mat and the left foot turns 45 degrees toward the right side of the mat.
- Step 5: Bend right knee Bend your right knee at a 90 angle so your shin is perpendicular to the ground and centered over your foot.
- Step 6: Look at right hand Look toward your right hand.
- TIP: If this creates tension in your neck, back off and only turn your head as far as is comfortable.
- Step 7: Hold pose Hold the pose for several breaths, keeping your torso perpendicular to the ground.
- Step 8: Release pose Release the pose by straightening your right leg.
- Step 9: Repeat pose Repeat the pose on the left side, holding it for as many breaths as you did on the first.
- Step 10: Release pose Release the pose by straightening your left leg. You came, you saw, you conquered
- FACT: This pose is said to increase your feeling of security, capacity for courage, and sense of self-confidence.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won
- A yoga mat or folded blanket