- Step 1: Stand on mat Stand at the front of your mat with your feet hip-width apart and your weight evenly distributed between them, your spine erect, and your arms at your sides.
- Step 2: Stretch arms up Inhale, reaching your arms straight up alongside your ears and expanding your chest
- Step 3: Bend at waist so back is parallel to floor Exhale and bend forward at the waist until your torso, spine and arms are parallel to the floor. Flatten your back, expand your chest and relax your neck, allowing your head to hang down.
- TIP: If you need to bend at the knees to get your spine parallel to the ground, that's okay. For added support, you can also rest your hands on a table, chair, or counter-top of the same height.
- Step 4: Hold pose Hold the pose for several full breaths.
- Step 5: Release pose Release the pose by bending your knees and lifting up at the waist. If the pain in your neck isn't literal, well, try meditating.
- FACT: Doctors estimate that 1 out of every 7 people will suffer from neck pain at some point in their life.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket
- or counter-top