- Step 1: Scrutinize brows Draw your desired shape with the eyebrow pencil and use the mirror to determine which hairs need to be plucked.
- Step 2: Cut the thread Cut off about 2 feet of thread. Tie the ends together to form a circle.
- TIP: To minimize pain or irritation, numb the eyebrow area with ice before you begin threading.
- Step 3: Twist the thread Hold the loop open around your thumb and index finger, bending your wrists so your fingers point toward your body. With your right hand still, twist your left hand clockwise at the wrist, three or four times, twisting the loop into a bow-tie shape.
- Step 4: Position the thread Position the twisted section of the thread below the hair you want to remove. The twisting thread, going against the direction of hair growth, will catch the hair and pull it out.
- TIP: Threading can remove a lot of hair very quickly. Practice on your leg or upper lip to gain confidence and skill.
- Step 5: Remove hairs Open the hand below the twist in the thread, simultaneously closing your other hand. The hair will be tweezed out by the twist in the string.
- Step 6: Reverse open and closed hands Close the hand below the twist while opening your other hand, reposition the twist in the thread below the hair you want to remove, and repeat the process.
- FACT: Eyebrow transplants, similar to hair plugs for men, are available for $3,000 to $5,000.
You Will Need
- Eyebrow pencil
- Strong cotton thread
- Steady hand
- Ice (optional)