- Step 1: Eat foods w/ arginine Eat nuts, brown rice, barley, oats, meats, and dairy products. They all contain arginine, an amino acid essential in the body’s natural production of nitric oxide, critical for sexual function in both men and women.
- TIP: Vitamins C and E, and herbal extracts ginseng and gingko biloba have all been found to enhance the effects of nitric oxide.
- Step 2: Eat fish Eat fish at least once, or ideally twice, a week. The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids keep the blood flowing in every part of your body.
- TIP: Add ground flaxseed to yogurt, smoothies, or cereal for fatty acids.
- Step 3: Eat carbs Carbs get a bad rap, but they're absolutely necessary. Eat them in the form of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.
- TIP: The FDA recommends eating 5 to 9 servings of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Step 4: Eat lean meats & nonfat dairy If you intend to explore the Karma Sutra, you’ll need some muscle. In addition to eating fish, eat a range of lean meats and nonfat dairy to provide the strength you need for the more exotic positions.
- Step 5: Eat whole foods Eat whole, not processed, foods whenever possible. Any food item preserved in a box or can is not as good for you as the fresh version.
- Step 6: Avoid fats Avoid excessive fats. You don’t tap your fat stores when you’re getting in the mood—or when you’re in the middle of it.
- Step 7: Eat bright fruits & vegetables Eat fruits and vegetables that are brightly colored. Their antioxidants lower cholesterol, which keeps blood flow unimpeded throughout the night.
- FACT: Viagra works by enhancing the effects of nitric oxide, which helps blood vessels dilate.
You Will Need
- Foods with Arginine
- Fatty acids
- & Antioxidants