- Step 1: Fit the cheesecloth inside the bowl Fit the cheesecloth inside the bowl. Make sure it comes up over the edges.
- Step 2: Add blossoms Add blossoms. Honeysuckle, lilac, and lavender make great perfume fragrances.
- Step 3: Pour water over blossoms Pour water over the blossoms. Make sure they get a good soaking.
- Step 4: Place plate over bowl Place the plate over the bowl. Keep it covered overnight.
- Step 5: Pull out cheesecloth and blossoms Pull out the cheesecloth with the blossoms.
- Step 6: Squeeze the bundle of blossoms Squeeze the bundle of blossoms and collect the water in the saucepan.
- Step 7: Simmer fragrant water Simmer the fragrant water, reducing it to one teaspoon. Cool the water.
- TIP: Match your fragrance with your need. Scents such as lavender, for example, are often used for their calming effect.
- Step 8: Pour water into the bottle Pour the teaspoon of water into the bottle. You’ve now created your own special fragrance – that will last for one month.
- FACT: When asked what she wore to bed, Marilyn Monroe replied, "Chanel No. 5."
You Will Need
- A bowl
- 1 c. chopped fragrant blossoms
- 2 c. spring water
- A plate
- A saucepan
- A tiny bottle