- Step 1: Go to flickr.com Go to www.flickr.com and click 'Create Your Account.'
- Step 2: Make a Yahoo! ID At the next page, sign up for a free a Yahoo! ID or sign in if you already have one.
- Step 3: Create your Flickr account You’re now on an account creation page, with two options, either to merge this Yahoo! ID with an existing Flickr account or create a new account. Click create new account.
- TIP: At this point, you can also change your username to differ from your Yahoo! ID, if you choose.
- Step 4: View your main profile page From your new main page, you can now upload your photos, change innumerable preferences, edit a profile, and much more.
- Step 5: Choose some photos to upload Choose some photos you wish to upload. Do this by clicking the 'Choose Photos' link, which will pop up a file browser to choose from. Select a photo.
- TIP: If these are private photos for only those with a password to see, click the 'Private' radio button and follow the steps to protect your photos from viewing.
- Step 6: Add as many photos as you want Click 'Add More' if you wish to add more photos.
- Step 7: Click upload photos when done Click 'Upload Photos' when you are finished selecting all your photos.
- Step 8: Title and describe your photos Once the photos have been uploaded, click 'Describe Your Photos' to add a titles, descriptions, and tags. When you’re finished, click 'Save This Batch.'
- Step 9: Repeat process You have now stored photos online with Flickr. Repeat this process each time you wish to add photos to your collection.
- Step 10: Share your photos Share your photos by giving friends and family the link in the address bar from your homepage on Flickr.
- FACT: Flickr started as a tool for an online gaming site that let players share photos with each other—but it was so successful that the game itself was abandoned.
You Will Need
- Digital photos to upload
- A free Yahoo! account