- Step 1: Preheat oven Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2: Mix all ingredients Put the pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg whites, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients until smooth.
- TIP: Make sure you use 100 percent pure pumpkin, not pumpkin-pie filling.
- Step 3: Pour into baking dish Pour the mixture into an oven-proof, standard-size casserole dish.
- Step 4: Bake for 15 minutes Bake it for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake it for another 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 5: Refrigerate and serve Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with whipped cream or low-fat whipped topping if you like, and enjoy!
- FACT: Many nutritionists consider pumpkin a "super food" because it is low in calories and high in fiber.
You Will Need
- A 15-ounce can of pure pumpkin
- A 12-ounce can of fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 egg whites
- u00bd c. sugar
- 1u00bd tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- An oven-proof
- standard-size casserole dish
- Whipped cream or low-fat whipped topping (optional)