- Step 1: Wash hands Wash your hands frequently with antibacterial soap.
- Step 2: Avoid cold sores Stay away from anyone who has a cold sore. Avoid kissing or skin contact.
- Step 3: Avoid sharing personal items Avoid sharing personal items – drinking cups, utensils, razors, and towels can spread the virus.
- Step 4: Apply lip balm Apply lip balm with sunscreen. Overexposure to the sun can cause dry lips, making your body prone to the virus.
- TIP: Use at least an SPF 15 lip balm.
- Step 5: Exercise and eat a healthy diet Exercise daily and eat well to keep your immune system strong. The stronger your immune system, the better your body will defend against the virus.
- FACT: Did you know? By age 50, 80 to 90 percent of people will have the herpes virus that causes cold sores.
You Will Need
- Antibacterial soap
- Lip balm
- Daily exercise
- A healthy diet