- Step 1: Make eye contact with others Build your confidence by making eye contact with friends and family with whom you feel comfortable.
- Step 2: Write down conversation starters Think of phrases to begin conversations with. Write them down and practice saying them out loud.
- Step 3: Write what you need to say Write a script of what you need to say to someone. Practice by rehearsing it out loud.
- TIP: Treat yourself like your best friend.
- Step 4: Practice Practice socializing and using your conversation starters in small-group activities with people you don’t know.
- FACT: Did you know? Sixty-two percent of people feel shyness every day.
You Will Need
- A pen and paper