- Step 1: Discuss your hairstyle Take time to thoroughly discuss with your barber what you want your hair to look like.
- Step 2: Bring a picture Bring a picture of your desired style to the barbershop.
- TIP: Ask the barber to describe the look they see in the photo. Many times one photo will result in two different interpretations.
- Step 3: Demonstrate desired length Demonstrate the desired length with your hands if you wish to have a longer style. Show the barber where you want your hair to lay on your face or body.
- Step 4: Ask barber for other ideas Ask the barber for advice. They are experts and may have suggestions that you may favor over your original idea.
- Step 5: Discuss the products Discuss the products needed to achieve your desired style. Purchase the products the barber used so you’ll get the same look at home.
- FACT: Did you know? In 1983 A.B. Moler established the first school for barbers in Chicago.
You Will Need
- A barber
- A picture of desired style
- A haircut
- Products needed to maintain the style