- Step 1: Wash bangs Wash your bangs before styling. If you’re tight on time, tie the rest of your hair back with an elastic band and scrub your bangs or use a dry shampoo. Gently squeeze away excess water, but don’t towel dry.
- Step 2: Blow dry Blow-dry sopping wet bangs by holding sections between your fingers and blasting the roots. Finish damp ends using a paddle brush for straight, smooth bangs or a round brush if you prefer a fuller look.
- TIP: For longer, layered bangs with a natural beachy look, use a texturizing spray before blow-drying and use fingers instead of a brush.
- Step 3: Use a straightening iron Use a straightening iron to control cowlicks, tame fly-aways, and flatten kinks.
- Step 4: Apply styling cream Apply a styling cream to the ends of dry bangs. It will help keep them in place and adds extra oomph to all bang styles.
- Step 5: Finish your style Finish with a spritz of hairspray for a glamorous straight or blunt look. Sweep to one side and spray in place for casual, versatile, side-swept bangs. If you’re growing them out or just want a funky look, twist them back from your face and secure them with two criss-crossed bobby pins.
- FACT: Did you know? Bangs is a city in Brown County, Texas, with a population of 1,620.
You Will Need
- An elastic hair band
- A blow dryer
- A paddle brush or round brush
- A straightening iron
- Styling cream
- Texturizing cream or spray (optional)
- Bobby pins (optional)