- Step 1: Check connection and power Check to see if the printer is properly connected and powered on.
- Step 2: Click "Start" and find "Control Panel" Click on the "Start" button at the end of the "Tool Bar" on your PC screen and then find the "Control Panel" on the pop-up menu.
- Step 3: Click "Printers" icon Find and double-click on the "Printers and Other Hardware" icon in the new window; then double-click the "Printers and Faxes" icon.
- TIP: If you make a mistake, close the open windows and start over.
- Step 4: Find your printer icon Find the icon representing your printer and right-click on it.
- TIP: Check for manufacture and model number on printer and then find the correct icon.
- Step 5: Select "Default Printer" Select "Default Printer" from the pop-up menu. If this selection is missing, the current printer is already your default.
- FACT: Did you know? In 1951, UNIVAC I, the world's first commercial computer, was unveiled - it did not come with a printer.
You Will Need
- A printer
- A PC
- The printeru2019s model number
- The printeru2019s manufacturer