- Step 1: Section hair Section your hair horizontally from temple to temple using your fingers or a comb. Twist hair upward and secure it with a hair clip.
- Step 2: Tease hair Tease the hair lightly near the roots of the exposed line of hair.
- TIP: Prep the hair piece by cutting the extension if needed.
- Step 3: Align hair piece Align the top of the hair piece with the line of exposed hair. Snap the hair piece clip onto the roots of your hair.
- TIP: Hair clips are available in both human hair and synthetic varieties.
- Step 4: Release hair Release your hair over the hair piece by removing the clip. Restyle your hair as needed and repeat with more pieces.
- FACT: Did you know? Hair additions were so popular in Victorian times that more than 226,000 pounds of human hair were sold in France in 1873.
You Will Need
- A comb
- Hair clips
- A hair piece