- Step 1: Face the players Designate yourself to be Simon and stand about ten feet in front of the other players, facing them.
- TIP: Change Simon’s name to match a party theme by playing "Princess Says" or "Pirate Says."
- Step 2: Give a command Give the players a command, starting with the phrase "Simon Says."
- TIP: Trick the players by saying one thing but doing another. Say, "Simon Says, hop on your right leg," but hop on your left leg.
- Step 3: Check that the others have performed your command Check the players to make sure they are doing whatever command you gave. Those who didn’t follow instructions are out of the game and have to sit down.
- Step 4: Give another command Give another command, but don't start with the phrase "Simon Says." Try to fool the players into following you.
- Step 5: Check to see if anyone did the command Call out any players who performed the command even though you didn't say "Simon Says." Anyone who did is out of the game and has to sit down.
- Step 6: Keep playing until only one player is left Keep playing until only one person is left. This person is the winner, and gets to be Simon in the next round.
- FACT: The top-selling electronic game of all time is the 1978 game Simon, a version of the traditional Simon Says.
You Will Need
- Two or more people
- A large
- open space