- Step 1: Choose radio operator Direct one person to operate the radio.
- Step 2: Arrange two pillow rows Arrange two rows of pillows, one pillow for each player, except the music operator.
- Step 3: Start the music and walk Remove one pillow and start the music. The participants walk around the outside of the pillow rows.
- Step 4: Stop the music Stop the music. The participants scramble to find a pillow to sit on. Only one participant to a pillow.
- TIP: Have the music operator look in the opposite direction of the participants to eliminate cheating.
- Step 5: Eliminate one player and one pillow Eliminate the player that did not sit on a pillow and remove another pillow.
- Step 6: Repeat steps four to six Repeat starting and stopping the music until only one person is left. They are declared the winner.
- FACT: Musical chairs, also called "Going to Jerusalem," originated between 1875 and 1880.
You Will Need
- A radio or other music player
- A music operator