- Step 1: Clarify duties Clarify your duties and tasks and stay focused, asking questions about what’s expected of you.
- Step 2: Listen and cooperate Listen well, cooperating on team objectives. Voice your opinions but be flexible.
- TIP: Share, play fair, clean up, don’t take anything, and say you’re sorry.
- Step 3: Be punctual Be punctual and meet deadlines. Get enough sleep and exercise so you can be fresh and ready for mental challenges and inevitable pressures.
- Step 4: Spruce up Spruce up and maintain a clean and professional work area. Dress conservatively.
- Step 5: Admit mistakes Take responsibility when you are wrong.
- TIP: Stay abreast of other occupations that might fit your skill set, in case an opportunity should arise or you need to make a change.
- Step 6: Save personal stuff for later Save personal phone calls and e-mails for breaks outside the office.
- FACT: Bad credit can negatively impact your chances of keeping a job. Employers sometimes check credit reports to evaluate employees for promotions or retention.
You Will Need
- Communication skills
- A cooperative demeanor
- A team spirit