- Step 1: Reflect Ask yourself if you are being too sensitive or if your partner is being thoughtless.
- Step 2: Define Define what the issues are. If your partner is withdrawing emotionally, define what that means to you so you can communicate that concern later.
- Step 3: Communicate Talk to your partner. Ask them what is going on and why they are seeking emotional support from someone else.
- TIP: If communicating is too difficult, seek the help of a professional
- Step 4: Share your needs Share with your partner your needs and what is acceptable behavior. Make sure your partner is committed to change.
- Step 5: Plan Plan with your partner changes you can make to build trust and intimacy again.
- FACT: Did you know? As few as 46 percent of men believe that online affairs constitute adultery.
You Will Need
- Communication skills
- A plan