- Step 1: Measure your head Wrap a measuring tape all the way around your head about a half inch above your eyebrows or exactly where the hat will sit on your head.
- TIP: Don’t wrap the tape too tightly. You want it to fit comfortably.
- Step 2: Compare to a hat size chart Compare the circumference of your head to a hat size chart. Although sizes can vary, they are typically universal and run in small, medium, and large. Hat sizes can also correspond to numbers, such as seven, eight, and nine.
- Step 3: Buy larger If you fall in between sizes, buy the larger size.
- Step 4: Try on hats Another way to determine your hat size is to try on a few hats and find a size that fits comfortably. If you don’t have any hats at home, try a few on the next time you shop.
- FACT: Did you know? Abraham Lincoln’s top hat is preserved at Washington DC’s Smithsonian Institution.
You Will Need