- Step 1: Understand what Vlingo can do Understand what Vlingo can do for you. Vlingo’s new speech-recognition technology allows you to do more with voice activation than ever before, in less time. Just push the talk button, and wait for the "Listening" message to appear on-screen. Speak your command clearly and naturally, release the talk button, and let Vlingo do the rest.
- TIP: For best results, hold the phone a few inches from your face, tilting the top away from you.
- Step 2: Enhance texting and e-mailing Use Vlingo to compose text messages and e-mails in the time it takes you to speak the words. Confirm the message is correct; then send it – without having to type a single word on your phone’s keypad.
- TIP: If the message is incorrect, simply select the word that needs to be changed, and use the scroll-down list to correct the mistake and move on. Vlingo will learn from your inputs.
- Step 3: Stay connected Staying connected is easier and more fun than ever. Simply speak your status updates on Facebook and Twitter – you'll keep your friends in the loop without missing a beat.
- Step 4: Search the web Vlingo can also search the web using Google or Yahoo. Just ask Vlingo what you want, and in seconds you have access to maps, web sites, videos, and more. You can even launch some web sites with a single voice command.
- TIP: With the "Note to Self" function, you can dictate notes that get saved as tasks you can e-mail or text to yourself.
- Step 5: Use voice dial Use Vlingo's voice dial to call any contact in your phone instantly.You can even start applications like your calendar or alarm – without having to search for the icon!
- TIP: Vlingo works hands-free! Use a wired headset and set the Text to Speech Playback to "Full" in the Options menu.
- Step 6: Download it Vlingo is available for BlackBerry, iPhone, Nokia, and Windows Mobile phones. Download this revolutionary new application at the iPhone App Store, BlackBerry App World, Nokia Ovi Store, or Vlingo.com and get started today!
- FACT: A study found that you can complete tasks on your mobile more than two times faster with Vlingo than by typing!
You Will Need
- A smart phone