- Step 1: Gather information about your destination, including phone numbers, addresses and names. And impress your parents!
- Step 2: Set specific times of departure and return Identify the specific times when you will need the car.
- Step 3: Introduce the idea to your parents Give the location information to your parents, along with the time when you will need the car.
- TIP: Appear innocent and confident, so your parents will have confidence in you.
- Step 4: Answer all questions thoroughly Answer your parents' questions thoroughly by having enough information beforehand.
- TIP: Do not get annoyed with the questions. If you don’t know the answers, admit as much and tell them you will find out. Then find out and get back to them with the answers.
- Step 5: Explain the importance Explain the importance of the place you need to be. Just giving your parents a place you want to go is often not enough.
- TIP: Know your audience. If you’re talking to your dad and you're a girl, avoid mentioning boys.
- Step 6: Accept their decision Accept the decision they make and move on thanking them if they let you use the, car. They'll gain confidence in you and may allow you to borrow the car in the future.
- Step 7: Adhere to your original plans Stick to the plans you gave your parents, and if the plans change, be sure to let them know. You will have a new sense of freedom and responsibility.
- FACT: Did you know? Cars are the most recycled consumer product, with 95 percent of "retired" cars recycled every year.
You Will Need