- Step 1: Establish a budget Establish a spa budget. Spas vary greatly. You can choose specific, ala carte treatments at a day spa, or you can spend from $200 a day to over $5,000 a week for destination spas.
- Step 2: Decide on where Decide where you want to go. Will it be combined with business or vacationing, or is it a short, local escape?
- TIP: Southeast Asia is known for luxury spas with water and beautiful views. American spas are renowned for body treatments, while European spas offer wonderful facials.
- Step 3: Conduct an internet search Conduct an internet search using search terms related to your preferences.
- Step 4: Compare spas When you find spas you’re interested in, download and compare the brochures. Follow up with phone calls for prices and other options.
- Step 5: Look at photos and have conversations Gain a sense of expertise and atmosphere through web photos and in follow-up conversations.
- Step 6: Find spas with therapists Find spas with therapists if you’re seeking out therapeutic treatments. The better therapists tend to be found where spas are part of the local culture.
- FACT: Did you know? Said to have started with Japanese geishas, some spas offer nightingale-excrement facials.
You Will Need
- Spa budget
- Knowledge of preferences
- Internet access