- Step 1: Use lemon juice Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to a bowl of water; soak your fingernails and toenails in the mixture, then rinse. Or, rub a lemon slice directly onto your nails.
- Step 2: Add baking soda Combine one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of baking soda. Apply the paste with a nail buffer, then rinse.
- Step 3: Dissolve denture cleaner Dissolve denture cleaner in water per package directions and soak your fingernails for 15 minutes, then rinse.
- Step 4: Use hydrogen peroxide Mix three tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of three percent hydrogen peroxide and put the paste on your nails, then rinse.
- Step 5: Drop the polish Let your nails grow out without using polish. In four to six months, the stains will have grown out.
- TIP: If you need to color your nails, use a base coat and avoid nail polish and polish removers that contain formaldehyde.
- Step 6: Wear gloves Wear gloves when working with chemicals. Medical professionals, hair stylists, and others should wear gloves to protect their nails as well as their health.
- FACT: Did you know? Nail polish is believed to have originated in China in 3,000 B.C.E.
You Will Need
- Lemon juice
- A lemon slice
- Baking soda
- A nail buffer
- Denture cleaner
- Hydrogen peroxide