- Step 1: Dampen hair Dampen your hair with water.
- TIP: Skip the shampoo and conditioner before you create your fauxhawk. Clean, smooth hair doesn't stand up as well.
- Step 2: Add styling product Put hair product in your hands and rub it through your hair. Use a product with strong hold, such as a thick gel, shaping clay, or pomade.
- Step 3: Add volume Tease or muss your hair with a comb or your hands to give it volume.
- Step 4: Form the 'hawk Place your palms against the sides of your head and push the hair upward into a peak. Repeat until the peak goes from the front to the back.
- Step 5: Dry hair gently Let your hairstyle dry on its own or blow it dry with a hair dryer.
- TIP: Add a bit of hair spray or some strategically hidden bobby pins to help keep your hair in place.
- Step 6: Check yourself in the mirror Look in the mirror to make sure you look good from every angle.
- FACT: The Mohawk emerged as a common punk hairstyle in the late 1970s.
You Will Need
- Styling product
- A comb
- A hair dryer
- A mirror
- Hair spray (optional)
- Bobby pins (optional)