- Step 1: Understand kundalini Understand that kundalini is a reservoir of female energy coiled at the root chakra at the base of your spine. When released, it travels upward -- opening all the chakras -- and unites with the crown chakra, Shiva, a male energy.
- TIP: Study all aspects of kundalini, kundalini awakening, yoga, and the chakras before attempting an awakening.
- Step 2: Rise above desires Rise above earthly desires and go beyond the senses. Achieving purity of mind will help avoid the temptations that follow the powerful, awakened kundalini.
- Step 3: Purify the body Purify your body by drinking plenty of water, eating nutritious foods, exercising vigorously, and getting massages. Abstain from recreational drugs, alcohol, tobacco, junk food, and caffeine.
- Step 4: Practice yoga Practice yoga to build your body and mind for awakening. Kundalini yoga, hatha yoga, bhakta, and jnana yoga are all recommended.
- Step 5: Meditate Meditate or begin some other spiritual practice. Awakened kundalini is a profound, spiritual transformation you must be prepared for.
- Step 6: Balance your energy Balance the downward grounding energy of the first chakra with the upward kundalini energy. Strengthen the root chakra by focusing your energy on it and repeating the mantra, "lam."
- FACT: Kundalini yoga comes from the tantric tradition, which dates back to the eighth century. In 1969, Yogi Bhajan brought kundalini yoga to North America.
You Will Need
- Knowledge of kundalini
- Purity of mind
- Purity of body
- Nutritious food
- Yoga practice
- Balanced energy