- Step 1: Attach jump ring Use the pliers to attach a jump ring to each end of the watch faces.
- Step 2: Measure ribbon Measure a piece of ribbon by wrapping it around your wrist and adding two inches, and then cut it in half.
- Step 3: Attach choker clasp Fold the edge of one ribbon over and attach a choker clasp to it. Squeeze the clasp into place with the pliers.
- Step 4: Attach clasp to other ribbon Attach a choker clasp to the other piece of ribbon.
- Step 5: Attach lobster clasp Open the jump ring with pliers and slide the lobster clasp onto the ring. Attach one ring to one end of the choker clasp on each side.
- TIP: Fold the end of the ribbon over twice to create a clean edge and stitch it securely in place. This will even out the edges, giving it a cleaner look.
- Step 6: String ribbon through each watch face String the free end of each ribbon through the jump rings on each side of each watch face.
- FACT: Annual aluminum can recycling across the U.S. saves enough energy to light a city the size of Washington, D.C., for 3.7 years.
You Will Need
- A jeweleru2019s pliers
- Four jump rings
- Several used watch faces
- 3/8-inch-wide velvet ribbon
- Two choker clasps
- A lobster clasp
- A needle and thread (optional)