- Step 1: Cradle the deck Use your left hand to cradle the deck from below. With your palm facing up, extend your index finger in front of the deck. Use the rest of your fingers to grip the deck from the bottom.
- Step 2: Grip the deck With your right hand, use an overhand grip to hold the deck gently between your thumb and middle finger.
- TIP: Rest your index finger on the top of the deck for balance and support.
- Step 3: Pull from the top of the deck Use your left thumb, middle, and ring fingers to pull a small bundle of cards forward off the top of the deck. They should land in your left palm.
- Step 4: Continue your shuffle Continue pulling small groups of cards forward off the top of the deck until a few cards remain in your right hand. Place these cards on top of the remaining cards in your left hand. Your Hindu shuffle is complete.
- FACT: The Hindu shuffle can lead in to a card force, a sleight-of-hand maneuver that allows a magician to control which card is selected.
You Will Need
- A deck of cards