- Step 1: Exercise Start an exercise program that improves posture and flexibility and strengthens muscles. Yoga, swimming, cycling, and running are great starter choices.
- Step 2: Sleep Get sleep, an important factor in the growing process because it repairs and replenishes your body. Kids and teenagers who are still growing need eight and a half to 11 hours of sleep a night.
- Step 3: Healthy food Provide a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Foods rich in vitamin D, such as dairy products, fish, and fortified cereals, will help build and maintain strong bones.
- Step 4: Add Protein Add protein to your diet to help in the growth and repair of muscles and tissues. Chicken, fish, eggs, tofu, and legumes are healthy choices.
- TIP: Add protein to at least one meal a day.
- Step 5: Avoid foods Avoid food and drinks that are processed or high in fat, such as margarine, soft drinks, coffee, alcohol, and concentrated sugar.
- FACT: Did you know? According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Robert Wadlow is the tallest man in medical history at 8 feet 11 inches tall.
You Will Need
- A healthy diet