- Step 1: Draw a rectangle Draw a rectangle with one corner pointing toward the lower edge of your paper.
- TIP: Use a ruler if you have difficulty drawing straight lines.
- Step 2: Add corners Draw slightly curved backward Cs from the rectangle’s three points closest to the page bottom. These will determine the width of your book.
- Step 3: Add binding and pages Draw straight lines parallel to the lower two edges of your rectangle, connecting the C curves. Create pages by drawing multiple straight lines inside the small lower left rectangle you just created.
- TIP: Adding a bookmark or pair of glasses to the drawing will give life to your picture.
- Step 4: Add details Create small triangles at the upper points of the book by drawing short diagonal lines across the book cover. Draw a line parallel to the top line of the binding about the width of the binding and shade the spaces you created.
- Step 5: Add more details Add design and a title to the binding for flair, because you never know who might judge this book by its cover.
- FACT: Did you know? The Gutenberg Bible, printed in 1454, was the first book printed on a movable type printing press.
You Will Need
- Ruler (optional)