- Step 1: Diagnose correctly Consult a doctor to determine that what you are feeling is sinus pain and nothing else.
- Step 2: Get comfortable Lie down or sit comfortably in a chair.
- Step 3: Place your thumbs Place your thumbs on the upper ridge of your eye sockets and press into the area near the bridge of your nose for one minute.
- Step 4: Place your fingers Place both of your middle fingers and index fingers beside your nostrils. Press up and underneath the cheekbones for one minute.
- TIP: Do acupressure on an empty stomach for best results.
- Step 5: Press into elbow joint Bend your arm and place your thumb at the end of the elbow crease on the outside of your forearm. Press into the elbow joint for one minute and repeat on your opposite arm.
- Step 6: Press into back of hand Place your right thumb in the webbing between your index finger and thumb. Squeeze your thumb and index finger of your right hand together to press into the webbing and hold for one minute. Switch hands.
- TIP: You can use the eraser end of a pencil instead of your thumbs and fingers.
- Step 7: Add variety Try all of the pressure points at once or do a few a day to relieve sinus pain and pressure.
- FACT: Did you know? Sinus problems affect an estimated 60 million Americans.
You Will Need
- A correct diagnosis
- A chair
- Pressure points
- An empty stomach
- A pencil eraser (optional)