- Step 1: Prepare the potatoes Peel and dice the potatoes. Take the butter out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Step 2: Boil them Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, fill it with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let them simmer for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3: Drain potatoes Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- Step 4: Process the potatoes Put the potatoes in a food processor. Add the maple syrup, salt, cayenne, and chili powder. Process for one minute while adding the butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- TIP: If you don't have a food processor, use a potato masher to mash the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Step 5: Warm and serve Transfer the potatoes back to the saucepan, heat on low, and stir until warm. Serve and enjoy!
- FACT: Did you know? The record for the world's largest sweet potato is 81 pounds!
You Will Need
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 white potato
- 6 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. pure chili powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- A potato peeler
- A colander
- A food processor