- Step 1: Research Take note of the recipient's interests and preferences, which will go a long way in making this stocking stuffer one they'll remember.
- TIP: Based on what they like, pick a theme for an entire set of goodies.
- Step 2: Lifestyle stuff Get small but necessary items for the recipient's lifestyle. Kitchen accessories, office gadgets or school supplies, music, and sports gear are all good choices.
- Step 3: A real gift Include a "real" gift; stockings aren't just for odds and ends. They're a great place to give jewelry, personal electronics, tickets for concerts and sporting events, lingerie, and more.
- TIP: Put the more expensive presents in the toe of the stocking so they're revealed last.
- Step 4: Gift cards Give gift cards, and remember, they're not just for restaurants and clothing stores.
- TIP: For adventurous types, give gift cards for new experiences.
- Step 5: Complement another gift Include an accessory that complements another gift. Above all, have fun and enjoy the time-honored tradition of hanging holiday stockings.
- FACT: One study found that parents are more excited to wait in line and see Santa Claus than their children.
You Will Need