- : Binge-eating disorder is a serious condition. If you show symptoms, seek medical attention.
- Step 1: Determine the cause Determine the cause of your binge eating. About half of all sufferers are depressed or have a history of depression. Prescription medication and therapy may help.
- Step 2: Stop the cycle Stop the cycle. Make a decision to put an end to unhealthy eating habits.
- Step 3: Keep less food Keep less food in the house than you normally do. Removing the temptation may cut down on overeating.
- Step 4: Choose healthy foods Eat healthy foods. Get rid of the chips and soda and replace them with fresh fruits and water.
- TIP: If you break your new good habits, don’t be hard on yourself. Realize you’re not perfect – and then get back up and keep moving forward.
- Step 5: Find a replacement Find a replacement activity. For instance, instead of binge eating, try exercising or meditation, or get involved in a volunteer organization.
- Step 6: Share your journey Share your journey. Talk about your struggles with a trusted friend or support group and you may end up encouraging them too.
- FACT: Binge-eating disorder is the most common eating disorder, affecting about three percent of American adults, most often between the ages of 46 and 55.
You Will Need
- A replacement action
- Healthy food choices
- A confidante