- Step 1: Prepare egg Break the egg over a small bowl and lightly beat it with a fork or small whisk.
- TIP: You can use the whole egg, just the yolk, or just the white.
- Step 2: Add liquid Add one tablespoon water or milk and lightly beat the egg mixture until the yolk, white, and water are fully incorporated.
- TIP: The amount and type of liquid and type of egg substance determine the color and luster of the baked product.
- Step 3: Brush food Brush your food lightly with egg wash before baking according to your recipe's instructions.
- Step 4: Discard unused egg wash Discard any unused egg wash to avoid the risk of food-borne illness. You can always make more.
- FACT: Egg yolks are an ingredient in some shampoos and conditioners.
You Will Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water or milk
- Small bowl
- Fork or small whisk
- Pinch of salt (optional)