- Step 1: Open iTunes Open iTunes on your computer.
- Step 2: Select "New Playlist" Click on the File menu and select 'New Playlist.'
- TIP: You can also make a new playlist by clicking the plus symbol in the bottom left corner of the iTunes window.
- Step 3: Type in a name A new playlist will appear on the left—type in a name for it.
- Step 4: Click Music button Click the Music button at the top left of the iTunes window.
- Step 5: Drag songs onto playlist Scroll through your music to find the songs you want to include in your playlist. When you find a song you want to add, just drag it onto your playlist.
- Step 6: Delete songs from playlist If you added a song to your playlist that you don’t want anymore, just click on the name of your playlist, select the song, and press 'delete' on your keyboard. This only removes the song from your playlist—it stays in your music library.
- Step 7: Connect iPod to computer When your playlist is complete, connect your iPod to your computer.
- Step 8: Drag playlist onto iPod Click the name of your playlist and drag it onto your iPod.
- Step 9: Disconnect iPod Wait as the playlist copies to your iPod. When it’s done, you’re ready to disconnect the iPod and go.
- TIP: Early MP3 players had 32 megabytes of memory—enough to store seven or eight songs.
You Will Need
- A computer with iTunes
- Music files on your computer
- An iPod
- And the cable that connects your iPod to your computer