- : Shot-gunning a beer adds a lot of alcohol to your system in a short amount of time, which can lead to extreme intoxication, vomiting, and/or alcohol poisoning. Be responsible when you drink.
- Step 1: Hold unopened beer Hold an unopened can of beer on its side, on your palm. If you’re up for a little competitive speed drinking, stand with your friends in a circle.
- TIP: Use light beer--it goes down easier--that’s not too cold, or you’ll get a brain freeze.
- Step 2: Puncture hole Puncture a small hole that your mouth can easily fit over near the bottom of the side of the can that’s facing you.
- TIP: If there isn’t a knife available, use a can opener, a pen, or a set of keys.
- Step 3: Put mouth over hole Put your mouth over the hole, and turn the can upright.
- Step 4: Pop can open When you’re ready to drink, pop the top of the can open with your free hand.
- Step 5: Drink quickly Start drinking as fast as you can. The air coming in from the opened top will force all the beer out the bottom hole very quickly--like in 3 to 5 seconds!
- Step 6: Throw can on floor Throw your can on the floor as soon as you’re finished. Even if you’re first, if beer spills out, you lose!
- FACT: Studies have shown that drinking beer--in moderation--can reduce a person’s chance of stroke and heart and vascular disease.
You Will Need
- Can of beer
- Sharp knife
- Can opener
- or key (optional)