- Step 1: Find an address Search the internet for a postal or e-mail address for the person’s management company, agent, publisher, fan club, or record label. Some celebrities have their own web site.
- TIP: If you're sending a physical letter, handwrite it and use nice stationery.
- Step 2: Begin your letter Start your letter by honestly identifying yourself so the person gets a sense of who you are.
- Step 3: Keep it simple Compliment the person on their work or a specific thing they did. Keep it short and respectful.
- Step 4: Conclude End the letter with a question or a request for a return letter. Include your address if you want a response.
- TIP: If you want an autographed picture, include a self-addressed stamped envelope, preferably 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Step 5: Mail your letter Write the address on the envelope, add a stamp, and send it off.
- Step 6: Be patient Wait patiently – depending on how busy the person is, it can take three to four months for a response.
- FACT: Did you know? The United States Post Office processes on average 667 million pieces of mail a day.
You Will Need
- A computer with internet access
- A pen
- An envelope
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (optional)