- Step 1: Find System Preferences Open System Preferences and click "Sharing" in 10.4. In 10.5, click, Security. Click on the "Firewall" tab.
- Step 2: Configure 10.5 In 10.5, Configure the firewall by either setting access for specific services and applications, allowing only essential services, or allowing all incoming connections.
- TIP: Never allow exceptions for programs you don't recognize. When you must allow exceptions, remove them as soon as you can continue searching without them.
- Step 3: Click Start In 10.4, click "Start." To add exceptions, check the boxes for services you'd like to enable under the Services and Firewall tabs.
- Step 4: Verify your settings Verifying your settings by closing System Preferences, then re-opening it, and clicking either the Security or Sharing icon.
- FACT: Did you know? The Chinese government's attempt to block its citizens from seeing certain web sites has been nicknamed "The Great Firewall of China."
You Will Need
- A Mac OS 10.4 or 10.5
- An internet security system