- Step 1: Be prepared Read all meeting materials sent to you in advance. Be prepared to ask questions or make comments.
- Step 2: Be punctual Come to the meeting a few minutes early or exactly on time with the agenda and other materials in hand.
- TIP: Silence your cell phone or put it on vibrate before you join the meeting.
- Step 3: Listen Listen to the discussion and don’t interrupt anyone as they speak. Wait for a pause or raise your hand when you want to speak.
- Step 4: Take notes Use your notebook and pen to take notes during the meeting so that you have them to refer to later.
- TIP: If you use a laptop to take notes, try to stay focused on the matter at hand rather than checking e-mail and doing other tasks.
- Step 5: Understand assignments Make sure you understand any current assignments and know if you have been assigned any new tasks.
- FACT: Did you know? At one hotel in Miami, meetings can be held in teepees with pillows, a working fire pit, and power shots of vitamin-enriched smoothies.
You Will Need
- An agenda
- A notebook
- A pen
- A laptop (optional)