- Step 1: Purchase salmon Purchase a center cut piece of salmon. If you purchase your salmon frozen, remove it from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours prior to cooking.
- TIP: Do not put the salmon back in the freezer once it has thawed.
- Step 2: Preheat oven Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 3: Prepare salmon Rub some olive oil on the fish. Then add salt and pepper.
- TIP: Keep it simple. Adding too many seasonings will take away from the rich salmon taste.
- Step 4: Line a baking sheet Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Step 5: Bake Bake the fish for ten to twelve minutes. The salmon will look opaque when it is done.
- Step 6: Remove fish Remove the fish from the oven. To prevent further cooking, remove the fish from the baking dish immediately.
- FACT: Did you know? People who study fish are ichthyologists.
You Will Need
- An oven
- Olive oil
- A baking sheet
- Aluminum foil