- Step 1: Prepare Prepare acting, singing, and dancing pieces to perform. Most Disney Channel shows require at least two of the three, so stay ahead of the game by showing you're a triple threat.
- Step 2: Get headshot and resume Have a headshot and resume ready to take with you to the audition. This is a requirement for Disney auditions.
- Step 3: Get an agent Secure representation from a talent agent to ensure the best chance of landing an audition with Disney. Although some auditions are open, many require submission by an agent.
- TIP: A legitimate agency will never ask for a fee to represent you or your child.
- Step 4: Go online Go to disneyauditions.com and view the audition calendar regularly to check for open casting calls and locations. Arrive early and be prepared to wait; there are usually thousands of people in attendance.
- Step 5: Check the trades Check out entertainment trade papers, available in bookstores and libraries, for audition listings.
- Step 6: Submit a demo Submit a demo tape of you or your child singing, dancing, and acting to casting directors that cast Disney shows. A list of these can be found online or in trade directories listed by show.
- FACT: Did you know? Famous Disney Mickey Mouse Club alumni include Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, who starred at the same time on the show.
You Will Need
- and dancing skills
- A headshot and resume
- A talent agent
- A computer with internet access
- Entertainment industry trade papers
- A demo tape
- A list of Disney casting directors