- Step 1: Wet the skin Splash water on the area you want to exfoliate. In the shower is the perfect time to do your entire body and face.
- Step 2: Put drop of exfoliator on fingers Squeeze or scoop a quarter-sized drop of your exfoliating cream on your fingertips.
- TIP: Use an oil-based exfoliator for extra hydration.
- Step 3: Rub and rinse Rub the exfoliator gently in a circular pattern for about a minute, and then rinse. The scrub removes dead skin cells revealing new skin beneath, unclogs pores, and helps reduce acne.
- TIP: Exfoliate the areas of your body that tend to get the driest – your heels, elbows, and knees.
- Step 4: Apply shower gel Clean with a shower gel to soften your skin even more.
- Step 5: Moisturize Follow your shower with a moisturizer. Body and facial lotions with alpha or beta hydroxides continue to remove dead cells while hydrating your skin. Exfoliate daily for best results.
- FACT: Did you know? Exfoliative dermatitis, a severe inflammation of the skin surface, can stem from such common skin conditions as eczema and psoriasis.
You Will Need
- An exfoliating cream
- Shower gel