- Step 1: Wash and dry hose Wash your pantyhose or tights with hosiery soap before wearing them for the first time. Hang to dry or lay flat.
- TIP: If you don’t have any hosiery soap, use a small dab of dish detergent.
- Step 2: Moisturize legs, feet, and toes Moisturize your legs, feet, and toes before putting on the hose.
- Step 3: Wear gloves Put on a pair of gloves before grabbing the hose or tights. The gloves will protect the nylons from your nails and jewelry.
- TIP: Any kind of gloves will do – cotton, knit, even latex.
- Step 4: Roll up the hose before putting on Roll up the hose from hip to toe and slip them on one foot at a time. Curling your toes will help avoid snags from your toenails. Alternate pulling up each leg, carefully, a little at a time.
- Step 5: Check for comfort Check that the legs or panty isn't twisted and that the top is pulled up comfortably. Slip on your dress or skirt and shoes and you’re out the door.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2008, 1.4 billion pairs of pantyhose were sold.
You Will Need
- Pantyhose or tights
- Hosiery soap
- or latex gloves
- Dish detergent (optional)