- Step 1: Get started Get started in a snap! Start and stop recording with a single button – no lens cap or dials to fiddle with.
- TIP: The Zi8 comes with an SD card slot for expandable memory. Use a 32 gigabyte card to record up to 10 hours of video.
- Step 2: Watch videos Right out of the box, you're ready to watch and share. Use the remote control and included HDMI cable to instantly watch your video in full HD glory on an HDTV, or use the built-in USB connector to upload videos and images to your computer or the web.
- TIP: Charge the Zi8 with the USB connector, or use the AC power plug.
- Step 3: Pick the right capture mode Explore the Zi8's range of capture modes. For playback on an HDTV, use 1080p. Shooting high-speed action or reviewing in slow motion? Record in 720p at 60 frames per second – twice the normal rate. Switch to 30 frames per second for HD quality that takes up less memory, or use WVGA to create smaller files that are perfect for uploading to sites like Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube. You can even take 5 megapixel HD still photos!
- TIP: Keep track of how much recording time you have left with the Estimated Time Remaining display.
- Step 4: Review videos and images Find videos and images by cycling through them one at a time with the thumbnail display, or choose the Timeline function to search by date. Once you begin playing a video, find the moment you're looking for with fast-forward and fast-reverse. In pause mode, you can even find the exact moment using the frame-by-frame feature, or hit the playback button while your video is playing to see it in slow motion.
- Step 5: Check out features and accessories Check out the Zi8's advanced features for advanced results. Shoot close-ups in the macro focus mode, and pull back for wide shots in landscape. Capture your friends in their best light with face detection, which adjusts exposure automatically. Get amazing audio by connecting an external microphone and adjusting the levels. Keep your shots smooth and steady with built-in electronic image stabilization.
- TIP: EIS acts like an internal tripod for your camera; if you're using a real tripod, you can turn it off.
- Step 6: Edit and share Edit and share with ease. When you connect the Zi8 to your PC, software is automatically installed that lets you edit, create mash-ups, add voice-over and music, and e-mail your videos or upload to Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube in a matter of minutes. Use a Mac? The Zi8 works seamlessly with Apple's iLife suite of apps. Define yourself in high definition with the Zi8. Very good things come in small packages.
- FACT: The first ever digital camera prototype, developed by Kodak in 1975, weighed 8 1/2 pounds. The Zi8 weighs just 3.9 ounces!
You Will Need
- A Kodak Zi8 pocket video camera
- An SD card with up to 32 gigabytes of memory
- A desire to capture your world